Friday 18 September 2015

Carlingford

We went to Carlingford Adventure Centre for a night from Thursday the 17th to Friday the 18th of September. We really enjoyed our time at the centre. 
I was put in a group with my friends. We started our trip with team building exercises and activities, such as crawling through a maze made up of small tunnels in pitch darkness. We had to guide each other through the tunnel. It was great craic!

After lunch we went to the lake where we did water activities. We did pier jumping and canoed out to a water trampoline. We really enjoyed ourselves but we were a bit cold! (BRRRR!)

We were assigned our rooms before dinner. My friends and I had our own room with our own en suite. After dinner we did a night walk. We hiked up a hill to a forest where we were blindfolded and had to walk alongside the trees holding onto ropes. By the time we got back into the centre it was late. We went to the chippers and then relaxed in our rooms. 

We were woken the next morning at 8 am by the "Bare Necessities" playing over the intercom. After breakfast we went zip lining in the forest. It was very adventurous and we worked our way up to zip lining across a quarry! (OMG!) I managed to give myself rope burn on my arm because positioned my hands the wrong way one of the times. This was by far my favourite activity. After lunch we made our way home on the bus. We were exhausted but very happy! 
 


3 comments: