Tuesday 24 November 2015

Amber Flag

Life in TY is busy and exciting; we're always up to something! This year we are hoping to get the Amber Flag for our school. It is an initiative set up by "SuicideAware" to encourage schools to promote positive mental health and to rid themselves of misconceptions and the stigma attached to mental health. 

Everyone in our year is getting involved in some shape or form. I'm a part of the Audit group. I have to keep records of everything that is happening around the school relating to the amber flag. Other groups include the PR group, the notice board group (who do art and make posters to put on our noticeboard dedicated to mental health), the web group (who run our Amber Flag website; I'll link it when it goes live) and the events group. 

I think this is a great project to work on in TY, and mental health is definitely a very important issue for schools (and society in general) to address. I'm glad to be a part of this, and I'll update you as we do more and more to earn the flag!





No comments:

Post a Comment